[SECC] contestRe: circle

Subject: [SECC] contestRe: circle
From: k4sb at comcast.net (Ed)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:17:17 +0000
Rick Dougherty NQ4I wrote:

Hello all...its time to step up to the plate here..as the new
president of the SECC, I want to weigh in on the issue..the circle
and its location will be decided sometime in the coming weeks...I
will be looking at appointing a committee to look at all the pros
and cons of the current circle and each proposal..

I think we've been very fortunate in having 2 guys like Hal and Rick
represent us as officers.

But, this issue of more committees to study what has already been
an exhaustive study of who can fit into the circle seems an excessive
waste of time. As Matt's NA-04 map shows, we have at least 2 members
who are at the critical points of the new circle, and many additions
which will benefit the Club. And BTW, I am less than 3 miles from
the outer circle. And if it would help, I will gladly accede to being
moved outside the circle to bring a more active member in. It's simply
a matter of a move next year, health problems, and other factors. My
deafness is increasing, and I am having more and more trouble with CW.

But, we all the work I've done along with Matt shows we just don't
have room to "wiggle" the circle. K2SX has no wiggle room, and John,
K4BAI is too dangerously close to the perimeter. We are therefore in
a position that we absolutely cannot move the circle to the SW or
we lose K2SX. Move it NE and we put John too close for comfort.

Although Jeff ( or was it John ? ) did a great job with those who
have submitted scores, some of the data is not of much use because
the ACG did not exist in 2002.

And I hate losing my AL multiplier with W4NTI as much as anything.

It might be a good idea to show our friendship with the ACG to pick
a CQ contest with it's greater radius, and contribute our scores to
the ACG group.

But, regardless of what we might decide to do as other business,
this matter has been talked to death.

I'll read the comments which I'm sure will follow, but at this point
I am almost 100% sure that I will submit a motion to permanently
move the circle to those coordinates indicated by Matt's NA04.

73
Ed