[SECC] authority for my actions

Subject: [SECC] authority for my actions
From: nq4i at contesting.com (Rick Dougherty NQ4I)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:15:52 -0400
I have received an e-mail stating that I have no authority for the actions I am
taking or the direction I am leading the club into.....I wish to re-iterate
that I am currently the club Vice-president...and all actions I have taken in
the past few days are with the approval of Hal N4GG, and in line with my duties
as VP....Hal is going on vacation in July and will be unavailable for most of
July....so in any case I am acting until August 1st as VP, and will assume full
privileges as Pres in Aug....enough said...

I wish to restate that it is my intent to act as moderator for any and all
topics that come up on line....I have a vested interest in this club and its
ultimate success...Bill Fisher came to me in 1997 and indicated that we needed
a contest club...the Dixie Dx'ers had faltered and was no longer viable....Bill
and I both saw the need for a club that represents the SE states and fulfills a
true need to foster contesting...with those goals in mind Bill donated the web
resources....and I agreed to help in what ever manner I could, but remain in
the back ground...today it is necessary that I step forward and take my turn at
the helm of this club...we have a great tradition that has not just taken place
over night...our great success with the Ga QSO party is just but one of the
club successes that we can be proud of....we have honor and integrity back in
our leadership of the SECC...and we will be making significant score
contributions to our aggregate club scores in the coming months....

I am extremely proud of the reputation that Hal has achieved as the past
president....he has risen to the task and has done what has been necessary to
keep this club heading in the right direction...

With these things in mind, I encourage each person to work with me and my
officers this next year...we will continue to make the SECC and great
contesting club....

de Rick NQ4I