[SECC] Run or S&P Mode for new or casual contesters?

Subject: [SECC] Run or S&P Mode for new or casual contesters?
From: knason00 at gmail.com (Kevan Nason)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:15:03 -0400
 Good thinking to repost Ralph -- Thanks.  Great advice to new contesters.
I found when starting out that using the band map in Writelog or N1MM (my
choice now) really helped my S&P effort too. Setting the program to put the
call of stations I have already worked on the map kept me from wasting
time.  Without them on the band map I would come around the band the second,
third, or fourth time and stop and listen for their call only to discover I
had already worked them.  With them on the band map I could just tune right
across and keep searching.

That's not going to work for me this time though. Earlier flood took out the
RS232 communications between the rig and computer and although I thought I'd
fixed it things still don't work. So band changes in the logging program
will be by hand only.  Too hard to keep track of individual stations on each
frequency. Guess that Savannah guy, KT4ZB, is gonna beat me this time
around.  Good luck Jerald!

Kevan
N4XL