[SECC] Possible Confusing County Abbreviations

Subject: [SECC] Possible Confusing County Abbreviations
From: mrcne4s at yahoo.com (Michael Condon)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 05:52:20 -0700 (PDT)
You can add:
White = WHIT
Whitfield = WFLD

Wilkes = WILK
Wilkinson = WKSN
to John's reminder about county abbreviations.

And, GA stations always send their county in all contacts.
And, when GA stations work other GA station, they enter the county of the
station worked, not "GA".

So, "GA" should not ever show up as a QTH in sent or received exchages in any
QSO's...? Odd, but true.

But... GA stations do put "GA" in their header setup info?for the "LOCATION" or
ARRL-SECTION" line.

The county abbreviation?list is at: http://gqp.contesting.com/CountyList.htm

TNX John for the reminder.

Mike

Please use ne4s at iham.us as my address.
GQP 50th Anniversary is 2011, April 9, 10th, Join the party.
Send me your Georgia Party county coverage plans to
listmycounty4gqp at gaqp.org
See gqp.contesting.com for news and rules