[SECC] 2011 California QSO Party (CQP)

Subject: [SECC] 2011 California QSO Party (CQP)
From: aa4ga at contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:21:59 -0400
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 4:11 PM, John Laney <k4bai at att.net> wrote:

> Our late GA SM and Asst SE Division Director, Sandy Donahue, W4RU used
> to fly to CA to work the CQP with K0DI and others.

Before that, once in the 80s, I flew out with AA4NC, where we met with
WB6SHD and operated mobile.  Rob checked with the Cal. Hwy. Dept. to
see what the maximum height our antenna could be and that's what we
used.  K6MYC of KLM/M2 helped us tune it up and provided us with an
experimental HF brick amp...it caused a good bit of TVI in one of the
gas stations we pulled into...lots of fun!

Photos here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/105823250895508633684/Aa4gaslide#5578188616012796546

https://picasaweb.google.com/105823250895508633684/Aa4gaslide#5578188560569503234