[SECC] 2011 California QSO Party (CQP)

Subject: [SECC] 2011 California QSO Party (CQP)
From: knason00 at gmail.com (Kevan Nason)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 07:46:03 -0400
Yes, I plan to be in on this one too.  Still haven't received the board I
need from Yaesu to return my rig to full computer control, but can make
manual changes.  That's a real pain as it requires three seperate changes in
my software program to switch modes -- but hey, that's what fun is about! No
surprise, but it seems as if Japan still hasn't recovered from the tsunami.
Some suggested the possibility of local repair but I had already ordered the
board so didn't go that route.

Have another question for you experienced CQP ops.  John, I see you did
great in last years event.  The rules give suggested frequencies for use.
How accurate are those followed?  I'm thinking of moving to a new band where
I don't know if it is open to California or not yet and need to make a quick
check for stations -- some of whom may be weak.  Where's a good place to
start looking?  Some of the frequencies -- particularly the SSB -- seem a
bit higher up than I'd have thought.

Kevan
N4XL