[SECC] beacon stations

Subject: [SECC] beacon stations
From: gmacie at hotmail.com (Gordon Macie)
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 09:35:36 -0400
It is the FCC not the ARRL.

50.060 to 50.080 I agree it should move down

Gordon N4LR ---------------   N4LR/B 50.068

Part 97 : Sec. 97.203 Beacon
station

(a) Any amateur station licensed to a holder of a Technician, General,
Advanced or Amateur Extra Class operator license may be a beacon. A holder of a
Technician, General, Advanced or Amateur Extra Class operator license may be
the
control operator of a beacon, subject to the privileges of the class of
operator
license held.
(b) A beacon must not concurrently transmit on more than 1 channel in the
same amateur service frequency band, from the same station location.
(c) The transmitter power of a beacon must not exceed 100 W.
(d) A beacon may be automatically controlled while it is transmitting on the
28.20?28.30 MHz, 50.06?50.08 MHz, 144.275?144.300 MHz, 222.05?222.06 MHz or
432.300?432.400 MHz segments, or on the 33 cm and shorter wavelength bands.
(e) Before establishing an automatically controlled beacon in the National
Radio Quiet Zone or before changing the transmitting frequency, transmitter
power, antenna height or directivity, the station licensee must give written
notification thereof to the Interference Office, National Radio Astronomy
Observatory, P.O. Box 2, Green Bank, WV 24944.
(1) The notification must include the geographical coordinates of the
antenna, antenna ground elevation above mean sea level (AMSL), antenna center
of
radiation above ground level (AGL), antenna directivity, proposed frequency,
type of emission, and transmitter power.
(2) If an objection to the proposed operation is received by the FCC from the
National Radio Astronomy Observatory at Green Bank, Pocahontas County, WV, for
itself or on behalf of the Naval Research Laboratory at Sugar Grove, Pendleton
County, WV, within 20 days from the date of notification, the FCC will consider
all aspects of the problem and take whatever action is deemed appropriate.
(f) A beacon must cease transmissions upon notification by a District
Director that the station is operating improperly or causing undue interference
to other operations. The beacon may not resume transmitting without prior
approval of the District Director.
(g) A beacon may transmit one-way communications.
[54 FR 25857, June 20, 1989, as amended at 55 FR 9323, Mar. 13, 1990; 56 FR
19610, Apr. 29, 1991; 56 FR 32517, July 17, 1991; 62 FR 55536, Oct. 27, 1997;
63
FR 41204, Aug. 3, 1998; 63 FR 68980, Dec. 14, 1998; 69 FR 24997, May 5, 2004;
71
FR 66462, Nov. 15, 2006; 75 FR 78171, Dec. 15,
2010]