[TRLog] WPX notes.

Subject: [TRLog] WPX notes.
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 00:30:13 -0500 (CDT)
I noticed four things during the WPX contest.

1) "Disappearing call window."

It sounds like Tree has found and addressed this "feature."

2) Some calls were not duping correctly (i.e. not showing up in
list of calls worked), as also described by Per Börjesson SM4SX,
who wrote:

> I am using v.6.26. I noticed during the WPX contest in search and pounce
> mode that I did not got info about dupe or worked on other band when I
> in call window used calls like F/DL1AA, F6ARD/P, LX/DL2SD. Search log,
> ALT-L, search string: LX didn't get LX/DL2SD. Is this a bug ??

I also noticed this problem occured with most /P or /MM calls, or any
call over 6 characters (like FBC5NDX or ON50LIR.)

3)  Auto CQ on radio 1 is delayed by tuning the dial on radio 2.

The Auto CQ loop on radio 1 hangs (stops CQing) until I stop
turning the dial on radio 2.  radio 1 = IC-765, radio 2 = IC-761.
I believe this is because I am using Icom equipment.  Hopefully,
this and other related problems will be cleared up after Tree has
a chance to tweak things with an IC-765 in hand.

4)  The program frequently displayed NONSSB ,and logged incorrectly.

(This is likely also an Icom interface related problem.)  When NONSSB
was displayed, I could not send CW messages (paddle or keys.)  I also
could NOT STOP CW from being sent if a message was already in progress.
In addition, the call would be logged with NONSSB as the band, and
negative (!) points put in the points column (and appropriately
subtracted from the score!)  Again, I'm hoping with crossed fingers
on the Icom problems getting fixed.

Other than that, 6.26 worked pretty well.  TR-Log is still the
best contest logging program around.

-Kirk  K4RO