[TRLog] TRLog and Win98

Subject: [TRLog] TRLog and Win98
From: CQK8DO@aol.com (CQK8DO@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:24:46 EST
TR runs funny in a window on Win95 in my experience... This is on several
different machines... The polling of the radio gets erratic, cw has pauses,
etc... It runs fine when the machine is warm booted to dos 7.0, so that is our
standard method at this time.. It ran better on dos 6.x...

The TRLOG recommended method of running each contest within its own directory,
with a path statement in autoexec.bat, works flawlessly and any number of
contests are easily accessed, inspected and post can be run, and so on,
without any chance of mixing logs, corrupting files, going bald, developing a
bad vocabulary... Don't mess with success...

I have no experience with Win98 and at this time I have no desire to get said
experience... I have heard some good things about 98, but also heard some
terrible swearing... I find that over the year the amount of software I prefer
to run run that is Windows specific and compatible gets smaller and smaller...
I am only running within windows on AOL for posting this because I have no
choice... But my contesting software, satellite tracking, packet racket, etc.
is much happier on a dos machine.. I am planning on changing my contest
computers out of Win into either dos 6.x, or Linux, or (suggestions, guys?)...
This makes autobooting the computer back into the program to exactly where it
left off (as soon as the power comes back on) a snap, and ten times faster (or
more) than booting through Billy Bob's latest drivel....

Denny