[TRLog] Baud rate question

Subject: [TRLog] Baud rate question
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:39:29 -0800 (PST)
> I guess a good follow-up would be: Is the operation impaired by the
> low baud rate?  For me the answer is no, but what about the ops doing
> the 2-radio thing with the high-powered rigs and computers?  I would
> suspect that 4800 is more than sufficient, but I'll leave that to the
> experts.

TR asks the radio for its frequency/mode once a second.  As long as
that information comes back before one second is up, everything is
okay.

An interesting side note - the Yaesu can communicate a faster speeds,
but you have to big BIG delays between asking it for the frequency
and the mode - which reduces the throughput MUCH more than a slow
baud rate ever could.

Tree