[TRLog] S&P to CQ switching

Subject: [TRLog] S&P to CQ switching
From: Clive_Whelan@compuserve.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 13:09:04 -0500

Hi list

I have used TR for a couple of months now, and find it first class in almost
every respect.

However operations have highlighted one rather clumsy, unergonomic feature, viz
the switching from S&P mode into CQ mode. Although this can be accomplished a
coup
le of ways, hitting the ESC key several times will do this, and often this is
not what I intend in the heat of the moment.

This often results in my trying to send an exchange to someone I haven't even
called!. I thought perhaps I would become accustomed to this, but experience
does no
 support this. I know that white stick op. G3YXX has the same difficulty, and
perhaps you could imagine how much more serious this is for him, whereas in my
case
it's just dumbness!

I wonder if others find this a problem, and would not the solution be to
disallow ESC for this function, and require solely the use of a more definite
key sequenc
e such as Ctrl Tab?

opinions welcome

73