[TRLog] S&P to CQ switching

Subject: [TRLog] S&P to CQ switching
From: Guy Olinger, K2AV" <k2av@qsl.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:42:09 -0500
I wasn't going to get on the emails tonight, other things to do. But this
one is my major TR downfall in the contests. It's not so much that I don't
get it, or haven't used TR enough to get used to it, it's me.

When I get tired, I can't keep track of how many times I've hit the escape
key, or I miss when I was aiming at F1, and don't realize it. The real
confusion comes when I try to keep on without realizing that the modes have
changed. There hasn't even one contest gone by that I haven't screwed up
dozen, half dozen qso's because of it, or lost the call sign because I
escaped it out of existence and my memory is (was) on the screen, or got
myself so confused I lost my run frequency reentering the qso and adding to
the log with the key unplugged so I wouldn't retransmit the exchange etc,
etc. Or I send an exchange when I'm trying to send my call sign. (This last
dozens of times in any contest.)

This is the ONLY thing I can't seem to master on TR.  An option to limit the
mode change to Shift tab or Ctl tab as posted elsewhere, would be wonderful.
I need this to still be able to function when I'm down the tubes, running on
fumes in the idiot mode.

Thanks & 73,

Guy

Guy L. Olinger