[TRLog] TR & IC-765

Subject: [TRLog] TR & IC-765
From: wbarby@direct.ca (Wilf H. Barby)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 08:32:37 -0800
Hello Rick.....re keying radio from TR using Windows.  I had the same
problem, that is, I had to re-boot in DOS  to enable keying to the rig
although a friend of mine had no trouble keying his FT-990/TS-440 using
Win-98 without any changes in com port settings.

I solved my problem by disabling Windows Control of the desired com port.
You can do this by the following procedure:-

Open Control Panel/System/Device Manager...click on 'Communications
Ports(Com and LPT)"...double click mouse on desired Com port # which brings
up screen "Communications Ports (Com #) Properties". Click on the "Disable
in this hardware profile" then click OK.

This removes Windows control of the com port, allowing TRLog to key the
radio.

Of course you must 'undo' this setting if you wish to return control to
Windows when using this port for other Window programs.

Sorry for the bandwidth, don't know your level of knowledge of Windows
95./98.
Hope this helps, happy contesting, 73,

Wilf VE7QO