[TRLog] TR & IC-765

Subject: [TRLog] TR & IC-765
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 23:22:02 -0600

> The method in ICOM's madness is a parallel bus type setup.  You
can put
>more than one ICOM radio on a single (simple) one wire bus, and
address the
>messages to the one particular radio.  I only have one ICOM, so
have no
>idea if you could put two radios on one comm port and have the
messages
>properly addressed.  Anyone care to try this and see if you can
eliminate
>the need for multiple ports?  I guess Tree would be the one to
tell us if
>the incoming data would be properly digested by TRlog.

Roy,

Ten-Tec produced an RS232 Level Converter, Model 305, which
contained five two-wire serial ports to connect to transceivers.
They were all in parallel.

A drawing of a level converter is in my 1995 ARRL Handbook for
Radio Amateurs (page 22.50).  Ten-Tec just took the Bus
connection (TxD/RxD and Ground) and paralleled it across five
jacks.

73,
dale, kg5u

http://www.contesting.com/trlogfaq.html