[TRLog] TR & IC-765

Subject: [TRLog] TR & IC-765
From: karber@smart.net (Kevin Arber)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 07:53:24 -0500
Rick,

Try adding "RADIO ONE RECEIVER ADDRESS = 44" to your logcfg file.

For some reason ICOM uses different addresses with their radios.  From
info I have here they are:
ICOM-725 = 40
ICOM-735 = 4 (ALSO WORKS WITH TEN-TEC OMNI-VI)
ICOM-751 = 28
ICOM-761 = 30
ICOM-765 = 44
ICOM-775 = 46
ICOM-781 = 38

73 & GL,
Kevin, W3DAD

----------
> From: R. Meilstrup <OZ5RM@city.dk>
> To: trlog@contesting.com
> Subject: [TRLog] TR & IC-765
> Date: Saturday, January 16, 1999 8:53 AM
>

> I wonder if anyone out there is using TR together with an Icom IC-765
like me. I've never had any success in making the two talk to each other
whereas my daily logging with LogPlus! works just fine both ways - to and
from the radio. The usual commands like
> RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 4 (that's the one I use with Logplus!)
> RADIO ONE TYPE = IC765
> RADIO ONE BAUD RATE = 1200
> ...are in my LOGCFG and I've even tried setting all port parameters via
CT's COMTRS (a tip from one of this list's contributors).
>   Once in a while when I try to "jump-start" the radio, I suddenly see
on the TR logging screen "165630.1 kHz" and "NONSSB".
> TR CW-keys the radio FB, but only when I've started the PC in absolutely
pure DOS - that is to say, I have boot on a DOS disc. (This is quite
normal, as far as I understand because of IRQs in Windows.)

> By the way: Judging from the last days' contributions, hams who like
their PC-clock to be precise seem to belong to one of two categories:
Those who adjust the PC clock manually before a contest using a good clock
- and those who want their PC-clock to be precise. When mentioning the
rather fantastic Accuset program recently I goofed and got the address a
bit wrong. Let's try again: http://retsik-software.com

> Incidentally, radio controlled clocks are sold here in Europe at
ridiculously low prices: A round wall clock with hands or a small digital
one to put on your desk may both be had for something like $22. They
"listen" to DCF near Stuttgart on 77.5kHz (1500 km range). DCF keeps an
eye on  summer/standard time as well. In the UK, most radio clocks are
controlled by MSF Rugby on 60kHz.

              Rick, OZ5RM@city.dk