[TRLog] Serial #, Pathological behavior in a network

Subject: [TRLog] Serial #, Pathological behavior in a network
From: Daniel.Violette@West.Boeing.com (Violette, Daniel R)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:31:56 -0800
I don't believe the computers are an issue.  Each computer believed it was
giving #518 because the other computer hadn't notified it yet that the
number was used.  Once computer A got notified that the other used #518 it
had already sent #518.  They were a 386 and a 486 computer with minimum
settings (not even sure if we have SMARTDRV on).  They are club machines and
we set up quickly.  We just decided to so this last week.

Dan KI6X (@K6NX)