[TRLog] LONG -- Reflections on first real use of TR LOG, and a few gripe

Subject: [TRLog] LONG -- Reflections on first real use of TR LOG, and a few gripes
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 18:13:39 -0500
> I must admit that I don't particularly care for the editing method, when
> editing already-logged Q's. I find it to be somewhat
> 'lefthanded'.  However, we have found that, in cases where a correction
> must be made, it's mch easier to just hit <Ctrl-N> and to type a note of
> correction into the LOG NOTEPAD, which leaves the note right At the point
> in the log where it's been entered, and then come back to the
> note later on
> (usually post-contest) to make the final correction.

Great idea.

I make beaucoup mistakes in the course of a contest and spend more time than
I like to admit in the logsheet window.  Most of my logsheet window
corrections are done for the last entry--I've even done a ALT-Y and re-did
the QSO off-air from memory because it was faster than editing the logsheet
window entry.

If Tree could come up with a special key-function (CTL-Enter, or similar)
that would edit the last line entry in the logsheet window, that would be
great.  Enter data in the callsign field and put it in the right place in
line five of the viewable logsheet.

For instance, I blow W5RRR's call in the callsign field (W5RR).
I then follow it up with a typo in the exchange field (W4RRR)
I type the correct callsign (W5RRR)in the callsign window (where the cursor
is!) and pressing CTL-Enter.  (Is CTL-Enter used anywhere else in TRLog? I
haven't found it)

If I blow the exchange or TRLog butcher's the exchange (I've seen it
happen--although, I'm sure I had something to do with it), I can enter the
correct exchange in the callsign field and press CTL-Enter.

For instance, I type 3A STX in the exchange field
On hitting Enter, I realize that it was NTX that he sent me.

In the callsign field, I type 3A NTX and press CTL-Enter. TRLog recognizes
the entry
(1) as a correction because of the CTL-Enter, and
(2) as a correction to the exchange.

TRLog corrects the logsheet entry.

To me that would beat the heck out of finding the up arrow (especially on an
unfamiliar keyboard), spacing around the line, typing in the info (OH CRAP!
INSERT IS ON!!! Been there more than a few times???), getting back to the
callsign window, answering the "save change" message.

Thoughts?

Just wishful thinking here....

73,
dale, kg5u