[TRLog] Running under Win98

Subject: [TRLog] Running under Win98
From: rbrandon@austin.ibm.com (Robert Brandon)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 23:13:29 -0600
I'd add this:  be aware of what programs are running "dormant" on your
machine.  Take a look at the items in your Systray -- the set of little
icons in the lower right corner of the screen.  Anti-virus programs, the
Task Scheduler, and similar programs can wake up to do their thing and seize
processor cycles.  This can mess up CW timing and possibly cause other
problems.  Once you've created your TR shortcut, choose properties, and look
through the tabs.  Choose the "suspend all background programs" option.