[TRLog] Automatic frequency input for F Keys

Subject: [TRLog] Automatic frequency input for F Keys
From: geoiii@loja.kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:33:36 -0800
On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 09:59:27PM -0800, Jack Fleming wrote:
> Here's something to add to the list...
>
> At W7RM last weekend (where version 6.55 worked flawlessly except for some
> computer rf problems and operator errors...) I thought it would be neat to
> program an Alt-F key to say something like, "TU PSE QSY 21070 21070 TU" and
> have the frequency be the frequency of one of our other stations in the
> multi-multi network.  I don't think TR can do it automatically (and we
> didn't actually have all the stations computer controlled anyway...) but it
> would be neat if we could put in some command to have it automatically grab
> the frequency of the 15 meter station  - something like "TU PSE QSY <15>
> <15> TU" (or something similar) .  I could set up Alt-F keys to
> automatically ask a station to QSY to any of the various frequencies where
> we had stations and where we needed the mult (one Alt-F key for 10, another
> for 15, another for 20, etc).  This would eliminate the need to type in the
> frequency (or the patented WA0RJY fumble with the paddle) after looking at
> the frequency on the bandmap at the bottom of the screen.

What K5PI has done at the N5TW station was to program a key
or even the quick qsl key or the alt qsl key to send something
like PSE QSY TO <F10> to make the keyboard active - you type
in the frequency and hit enter.  Seemed to work for them.

Perhaps K5PI or N5TW will comment.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."