[TRLog] Wish to improve SAP mode

Subject: [TRLog] Wish to improve SAP mode
From: kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov (kl7ra)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:06:19 -0900

Holger writes:
>For the fist call I use the ENTER key. I prefer ENTER because a
>dupe check is done first.

HI Holger.

If PARTIAL CALL ENABLE = TRUE
then any call you type  while in S&P mode will display below the report
window and indicate if it's a dupe by color. You do have to watch for a
dupe as you lose the "don't call dupes" feature allowed by using the
ENTER key.

I changed the color to display dupes to red and white but the defaults are
probably good enough. If you get in the habit of watching that data line then
another command to set is  POSSIBLE CALLS = TRUE.
This feature allows you to use the < > keys to zoom across the list and "fix"
a busted call in the call window during CW contests. I find it faster then
backspacing or retyping if I hosed up a prefix.

You also can use the TRMASTER data base with SCP on and it also will
show a dupe.

Lots of ways to show a dupe, not that it seems to matter to a lot of folks the
last few hours of a contest.

73 Rich  KL7RA