[TRLog] Wish to improve SAP mode

Subject: [TRLog] Wish to improve SAP mode
From: holger.meihsner@t-online.de (Holger Meihsner)
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 21:33:05 +0000
Hi fellows,

thanks for the comments to this issue and for the hints. I will check it
out in the next contest.
I understand that my idea speaks against the intention of TR concerning
the use of  ENTER in the QSO flow. May be that S&P would be more
complicated . On the other hand it seems me some of us are not quite
happy with the present S&P mode and there are a lot of workarounds for
it.
Anyway it would be nice to have an improvement in the future and so I
agree with the proposals posted by Clive GW3NJW and Udo DL2ZAV:

> 1)
> Having F1 do a dupe check first, so that it behaves like the first ENTER
It should be possible to set it to FALSE if F1 should send the call
unconditionally .

> 2)
> Enter working as it is now when cursor is in call window, i. e. de \ ,
> and then moving cursor to exchange field. Enter working as QSO NORMAL
> when cursor is in exchange field and a valid exchange is found. But ENTER
> working like F1 when exchange field does not have a valid exchange or
> when cursor has been moved back to the call sign window (using up arrow)

Tree if you read this, please be sure I don't want to grumble about
TRLog. The CW operating is excellent in all I have no regrets that I
changed to TR. The only wish is to have S&P so perfect as the CQ mode
already is. So if you have time please put one of this features in.

73 Holger DF6LQ