[TRLog] What happened?

Subject: [TRLog] What happened?
From: oz8ae@mail.tele.dk (Fam. Christensen)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 20:28:11 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C0647A.0BD881E0

Hi Folks.

Have taken part in CQ WW CW and made my highest score ever. Learned =
quite a few more things of the TR.

However last sunday suddenly had spare time for joining the 10 meter =
ARRL contest.
Set up the program and started.

But

in my 6th QSO I misheard a figure from a UA3. - I got UA4 and was now in =
the next field. He corrected me and I used Shift-TAB to move backwards =
(just returned after 8 days from work using the Shift-TAB for all =
entries in their work)

Of course it didn't work, my help paper (table 13 - cursor movement keys =
not there) so I used CTRL/ALT plus ? - It didn't help, so I went to the =
suggestion from N0SS - Tom - use the NOTE function, and so I did. - Made =
a note.

3 QSOs after that I suddenly saw that
10CW to the left was replaced by NONCW ???? - Wondering. - Try to look =
up what to do, but couldn't find anything of NONCW. Tried using the =
ALT-M key, and got CW - SSB - FM but not the NONCW.

At the same time the whole window
160  80  40  20  15  10  ALL

dissapeared

The only thing left was:
Time
CW QSO
CW Domlt
CW DX mt

Went in edit mode ALT-E and could move cursor up and to the left. =
Replaced the NONCW by 10CW and was happy. - ESC and Yes to save.

But now the default to the coming QSL was 160CW ????

Tried to move band up/down by ALT-B and ALT-V. - Impossible.

Well looked in the manual and continued. - After 3-4 QSO's I went in =
edit and changed 160CW to 10CW.

The logging gave 4 points in both 160CW and 10CW. They moved from the =
160m row to the 10 meter row and updated prefix and states.

But I still wonder. - What happened, and could I have done something =
about it?

73 Joergen OZ8AE

UPS. A bit strange to see the abbreviation for the US states as ex. Ky =
instead as KY.
The prefixes are all in Capital letters. - Is it for separation between =
PFX and States???. - It just looks strange to me. Never seen it before.

Fam. Christensen
oz8ae@mail.tele.dk

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C0647A.0BD881E0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Hi Folks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Have taken part in CQ WW CW and made my highest score ever. Learned =
quite a=20
few more things of the TR.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>However last sunday suddenly had spare time for joining the 10 =
meter ARRL=20
contest.</DIV>
<DIV>Set up the program and started.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>in my 6th QSO I misheard a figure from a UA3. - I got UA4 and was =
now in=20
the next field. He corrected me and I used Shift-TAB to move backwards =
(just=20
returned after 8 days from work using the Shift-TAB for all entries in =
their=20
work)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Of course it didn't work, my help paper (table 13 - cursor movement =
keys=20
not there) so I used CTRL/ALT plus ? - It didn't help, so I went to the=20
suggestion from N0SS - Tom - use the NOTE function, and so I did. - Made =
a=20
note.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>3 QSOs after that I suddenly saw that</DIV>
<DIV>10CW to the left was replaced by NONCW ???? - Wondering. - Try to =
look up=20
what to do, but couldn't find anything of NONCW. Tried using the ALT-M =
key, and=20
got CW - SSB - FM but not the NONCW.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>At the same time the whole window</DIV>
<DIV>160&nbsp; 80&nbsp; 40&nbsp; 20&nbsp; 15&nbsp; 10&nbsp; ALL</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>dissapeared</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The only thing left was:</DIV>
<DIV>Time</DIV>
<DIV>CW QSO</DIV>
<DIV>CW Domlt</DIV>
<DIV>CW DX mt</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Went in edit mode ALT-E and could move cursor up and to the left. =
Replaced=20
the NONCW by 10CW and was happy. - ESC and Yes to save.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But now the default to the coming QSL was 160CW ????</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Tried to move band up/down by ALT-B and ALT-V. - Impossible.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Well looked in the manual and continued. - After 3-4 QSO's I went =
in edit=20
and changed 160CW to 10CW.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The logging gave 4 points in both 160CW and 10CW. They moved from =
the 160m=20
row to the 10 meter row and updated prefix and states.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But I still wonder. - What happened, and could I have done =
something about=20
it?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>73 Joergen OZ8AE</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>UPS. A bit strange to see the abbreviation for the US states as ex. =
Ky=20
instead as KY.</DIV>
<DIV>The prefixes are all in Capital letters. - Is it for separation =
between PFX=20
and States???. - It just looks strange to me. Never seen it =
before.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>