[TRLog] What happened?

Subject: [TRLog] What happened?
From: Don Moman <ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> (Don Moman)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:35:58 -0700 (MST)

Exactly same thing here with ICOM 756 - not usable on a Windows machine
due to these dropouts (since the antennas are controlled by this as well).
Also see the 2 digits lost and of course this will result in the non
ssb/cw and resultant loss of mult display. Tried various speeds and delay
setting etc, nothing fixed it.  But it ran 100% on a 486DX-66 w/dos 6.22 -
the usual logging computer around here.  Using 6.5x flavour of TR. Yaesu
1000 style radios have been 100% stable on either platform.

73 Don
VE6JY

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Sylvan Katz wrote:

> It appeared in for me too and I was running under DOS 6.2 on a 250MHZ 486.
> It occurs very frequently when I run TR Log under Win 95. I have tried
> everything I can think of to get around the problem --- I played with the
> TIMEOUT, etc and I even decreased the Icom baud rate to 300 but no matter
> what I do from time to time the problem shows up. I have sat at watching TR
> Log for prolonged periods of  time without changing the frequency of the
> Icom or touching the keyboard. Every once in while you can see it go to a
> noncw mode and usually what happens is that two digits of accuracy is lost
> from the Icom freq (e.g it becomes 210.2 instead of 21021.0). Under Win 95
> it cycles between CW and NONCW and then randomly jumps to SSB and cycles
> between SSB and NONSSB. It is strange there does appear to be a little
> 'buglet'.
>
> bye
> Sylvan
> ----------------