[TRLog] What happened?

Subject: [TRLog] What happened?
From: juhan@chem.ut.ee (Juhan Poldvere)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:40:06 +0200 (EET)
Hi,

Pete N4ZR:

> This darned NONCW critter turned up on me again this weekend, combined with
> the disappearance of the QSO/mult table at the top of the screen.  Since
> this never happened to me before I interfaced my radio, it's pretty clear
> that there is a small bug (buglet?)in the radio interface.  Very
> occasionally, while writing a QSO to the log, this bug results in TR not
> getting a decipherable input as to the radio's frequency and/or mode just
> when it needs it.

The NONCW critter is not necessarily radio interface bound. It happened at
ES9C during CQWW CW on a computer that did NOT have the radio interfaced.
Also, there was NO mention of a radio interface NOR radio type in the
configuration files.

My attention was caught by an operator yelling "What the "#¤%&% is this
NONCW!!?". Then the computer crashed. While I was restarting it, the next
one down the network crashed, then the third one and the fourth. The last
two didn't care. Reboot --> crash, reboot + DEL RESTART.BIN --> crash,
reboot + DEL RESTART.BIN + EDIT LOG.DAT --> up & running again. Sorry I
don't have the bad LOG file anymore, as I edited them all at the place.
Three more NONCW QSOs that were in LOG.TMP and passed unnoticed caused no
ill effects.

Rf may have been guilty. I had to swap the original plastic keyboard for an
"iron piano" before the NONCW event. And the poor TS850 at this position got
burnt too.

Otherwise, no major problems with 11500 QSOs, 6 networked computers + last
250 DX spots from the internet over DXTelnet every 15 minutes.

Juhan, ES5QX