[TRLog] Minimum PC requirements for TRLOG

Subject: [TRLog] Minimum PC requirements for TRLOG
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:53:55 -0800
On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 12:12:26PM +0000, David O Hachadorian wrote:

> It was stated on this reflector recently that SMARTDRV is not
> provided with WIN 98. I don't know if that is correct, or if
> the WIN 95 version of SMARTDRV will work with WIN 98, but you
> could try.

I did some checking here and I noticed that SMARTDRV is installed on my
windows 98se laptop that I use at work.

I have looked at the WIN98 and WIN98se CD-Roms and both have SMARTDRV
on them - so I am guessing this gets installed on your standard
win98 install - if it was not installed you can install the files.

They are in   \tools\oldmsdos

Also HIMEM.SYS seems to exist on my win98 machine as well.

A config.sys might look like this.

device=c:\windows\himem.sys
device=c:\windows\emm386.exe RAM
DOS=high,umb

Then in your autoexec you can use the "devicehigh=" to load drivers
in high memory

mem/c/p

will show you what is loaded in memory and where.

You can also use the command SYSEDIT to edit the config.sys and autoexec.bat
files from inside windows.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."