[TRLog] Minimum PC requirements for TRLOG

Subject: [TRLog] Minimum PC requirements for TRLOG
From: kl7ra@ptialaska.net (KL7RA)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:14:13 -0800
Doc writes:

> PS I think that in the next edition of the manual I shall add a caveat to
> the requirements, giving another set of specs that are the practical lower
> bound for CW contests on the stock build. Anyone any idea what those
> requirements ought to be?

I run TRLog full blast, all features on and working, all PC's linked for
multi-multi phone with packet spots flowing. After several computer
upgrades as Tree changed the overlay activity I would recommend
Penium 90's running DOS 6.22. I reformat the drives to remove any
traces of Windows and increase 6.22 system requirements as the
defaults are too low. Smartdrive on.

My honest opinion is 100% of the weird TRLog problems reported
here would disappear if this DOS Turbo Pascal program was only run
on a dedicated DOS machine.

I bought six P90's for $22 bucks each off Ebay. Coverting them to
lean, mean contesting machines is easy, removing Windows forever is
fun.

The manual might include a section with guidelines, autoexec and config
files, etc.

73, Rich,  KL7RA  Heavy Aurora, bands dead, 10 below zero, 4 hours
of daylight and losing more every day.