[TRLog] Splitting a serial port

Subject: [TRLog] Splitting a serial port
From: kk1l@arrl.net (Ronald Rossi)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:35:33 -0400
K7JB John wrote:

> This is an interesting thread and I too have been looking for a way to
> add a second serial port to my single comm port laptop and palmtop.  I
> called American Starlex the supplier of this PCMCIA to 9 pin Serial
> cable card.  But, they told me they did not know nor is Eiger very
> supportive of this product, whether or not it would work under Windows
> 98 or DOS 5.0!

Works under Win 95, 98, NT, 2000. As for DOS you need to have a PCMCIA
Card Services program or something similar. Once the card is recognized
by the computer you should be good to go...worked for me using IBM DOS
7.0 on a TP760ED. I have also seen the card work on a pair of different
Compaq Laptops and some other brand running 98