[TRLog] Splitting a serial port

Subject: [TRLog] Splitting a serial port
From: Toivo.Hallikivi@nokia.com (Toivo.Hallikivi@nokia.com)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:42:28 +0200
With some help from Bernie, ZS4TX, I managed to install the Eiger Labs PCMCIA
Serial card on my IBM ThinkPad T20 running Windows 95. The card installs
automatically in Windows and seems to work quite reliably in DOS mode as well.
I tried both Cardware 2.0 and CardSoft 3.1 for enabling the card in DOS mode.
However, after hours of playing with different set-ups and trying to configure
the memory both "manually" and with the help of Memmaker, the best result was
only about 520 kb of free memory. I believe this not sufficient for reliable
operation with bigger contests, especially with the SCP and master database
enabled.

73, Toivo ES2RR