[TRLog] Radio interface problem

Subject: [TRLog] Radio interface problem
From: alan.kaul@worldnet.att.net (ALAN KAUL)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:45:26 -0700
I'm using FT-817 with computer interface to an IBM Thinkpad-600E with
Windows ME... serial port one interface, etc., and it works, EXCEPT....

1) I load MS-DOS from the start/programs/accessories prompt ... and
SOMETIMES the TR-log freezes completely.
So I click the X in the upper right corner, answer yes to the "lose data"
question and shut the program.

Then I RESTART the computer and if I am lucky, the second time the computer
will load TR and operate it properly.

2) I couldn't make the interface read FREQ or change bands----then all of a
sudden it "started" working properly.  I don't know why, it just did in the
middle of S and P operations.....

I'm using TR 6.60 or 6.62 (left over from the ARRL DX Contest in FEB).  I
tried to load ALL669 and ALL670, but I couldn't make either one work!!!
I've gotten a lot of advice on how to try to make them work---but I won't
have a chance to try for a few days.

73 de alan

W6RCL/7 ... operating the IARU from a hotel room, 20 stories above and a few
miles east of the Great Salt Lake