[TRLog] Special Commands

Subject: [TRLog] Special Commands
From: n4af@contesting.com (Howard Hoyt)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:12:24 -0700
Tks to K8JP and ZS4TX for confirming the commands seem to turn the
clarifier off.
This is a problem because so many stations call off freq and the purpose
of exploiting the commands
was to try to  accomplish add'l rig functions w/o reaching over to turn
the clarifier back on.

Optimly I could stack a CAT command to the MP behind the TR command, but
have not figure out
away to assign both to the same key.

I decided a work-around might be to set another F key to turn the
clarifier back on.
Since we had decided to put new function controls on the numeric keypad
the next available
numeric keypad available was ControlF6 (the '5' key).

Trying to CAT command the clarifier back on produced a  problem that I
thought I would pass on:
------------------>>

I normally build the hex commands by using ALT and the numeric keypad
entry of the 10base
equivalent to the 16base (hex) command. So the command to turn the RX
CLAR back on
0 0 0 01 09
 is
CTL-C SRS1= null null null 01 09 CTL-D

Well whether entering the '9' via my editor or using TR ALT-P,c    when
I build the command
and try it, it works. HOWEVER it will not file- the hex9 disapears,
perhaps reserved ??
This happens building w/ editor and filing in logcfg.dat or building
under TR ALT-P.
And the next time I attempt the command it d/n work. It appears safer to
enter the commands as below:
Anyway the workaround was to use
CTL-C SRS1=<00><00><00><01><09>CTL-D

If you build the above right, the x'03' (CTL-C) should show as a heart
icon and x'04' ctl-d as a diamond.

Looks like using the second method to build the commands is safer !

73, Howie

--
Howard Hoyt N4AF
http://www.qsl.net/n4af