[TRLog] Clarifier kill vs. Clarifier zero

Subject: [TRLog] Clarifier kill vs. Clarifier zero
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 16:52:53 -0400
This pertains to the MP.

Actually having the clarifier 'killed' is one of those distractions
that kill rate later in the contest when the mind is a bit foggy. It's
another action that has to be remembered. Someone calls up or down a
bit, and the natural action is to listen up or down by tweaking the
clarifier. If you have to fumble and remember to turn the CLAR on
after you realize the knob isn't working, you've probably missed the
call.

Is there any reason why action "RX CLAR OFF" couldn't be replaced with
"CLAR CLEAR" for an MP?

Or alternatively...

Is there a TR command that can be used to create a literal MP command
string to attach to an F key? That would allow us to roll our own
combos, rather than embedding MP issues in what are otherwise more
straight-forward commands.

 Or perhaps it's time to give us a macro language we can use, and farm
out some of the subtlety. Particularly on "niche" requests.

73, Guy