[TRLog] New Release

Subject: [TRLog] New Release
From: kl7ra@ptialaska.net (KL7RA)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 00:17:10 -0900
: RE: [TRLog] New Release

Dang it, Pete beat me to the first "suggestion" after the new release. I
prefer
to be the most "over-asker " and abuser of the TRLog programmer. Best I
could come up with is the default for "possible call modes = " is NAMES
and should be ALL, in my opinion.

Anyway, Pete writes:   /snips/

> use of the TAB key to move between  fields, a habit I've acquired from
>using other programs.  If the CALL field is empty, this will lead to
>getting into S&P mode accidentally.

The argument could be made that operator intervention would solve this,
but it might be better if TRLog could prevent most of the common errors.

Using the TAB to get between the CALL and EXCHANGE line is a
common error here as well among the casual TRLog users that come
over to operate the Multi-Multi. The correct keys are the up and down
arrows as TAB has been assigned as the S/P mode entry key.

The problem might be that the TAB key does move the cursor
between the two fields as most people expect but only after it toggles
the operating mode to S/P. TAB is also used when in the EDIT mode
where it does what people expect and is useful.

It's way too late to change the S/P key to something else. Maybe the
TAB function of the TAB key could be disabled. There is a CTL J
command to assign TAB several tasks. It might be easy to do it there.

Great news is this is trivial which is good, but I will ponder TRLog
all night to find something useful to get ahead of that Pete guy.

73 Rich KL7RA