[Trlog] Watching an old friend slowly die

Subject: [Trlog] Watching an old friend slowly die
From: mark at concertart.com (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Fri Feb 21 10:18:44 2003
>This is the sort of project that will never repay a
>programmer's time and effort by any conventional measure, which was the
>show-stopper then.

My guess is the same could have been said of DOS about 20 years ago, and my
guess is there were many good things that never came about at that time
which would be easier now.

As more and more people learn how to do stuff in Windows, maybe this is
changing and at some point, which may have already arrived, who knows, it
may suddenly be less of a pipe dream and more realistic.

I know Tree.  Like me, he's an old dog and this may be a new trick.  I am
sure we both have a lifetime of computer junk ready to call up to keep our
DOS machines running.

I think Guy did unnecessarily romanticize the situation by using the "old
friend slowly dying" analogy but a part of me can identify and sympathize.
Perhaps we all need to go out and drum together.

Or at least dust off the tube radios and have a contest with pencils and
paper.

:)

Mark, N5OT