[Trlog] TR 6.74 Aug 31

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] TR 6.74 Aug 31
From: "Mike Wetzel" <mjwetzel@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:20:01 -0500
After using TR 6.74 in the SSB sprint and the WAE SSB this past weekend
following are a few comments and wondering if anyone else had any of these
problems or concerns?

Actually problem might be a little strong, TR worked very well and was very
stable (no reboots and no major glitches), now just the fine tuning.

First the WAE, I just sent my .CBR file in and I noticed that the "claimed
score" in the .CBR file was very low, most probably due to the fact that it
did not seem to count 'QTC's".  I didn't catch this item in my CW log but it
was also not the correct score.

I didn't do SO2R very much but the 30 or so times I did, on some of those
occasions again I ended up with "2" calls in the 'alt-d' window (when not
working the first call entered).  I believe 1 'esc' (after hitting 'alt-d')
will remove the first call but I was not accustomed to doing that (maybe I
need to get accustomed).  Unfortunately I am programmed to hit the 'esc'
more then once because of past operating where 1 'esc' didn't do the trick
so I became programmed to hitting it several times (which works also).  I
guess I am saying that I liked the way 'alt-d' worked maybe a year or more
ago and just wondering what others think?

I did use the bandmap and when tuning past a station that had already been
worked, the call popped into the window (as it should) but after tuning way
past the frequency sometimes the call didn't want to leave the window and an
'esc' was necessary to get rid of it.  This was not 100% predictable but
happened a lot, not sure what conditions made it happen.  I can't remember
now if I was in S&P or forgot and was maybe in running mode (that is hard
for me to remember to do) but I was tuning .  Did anyone else have this
problem?

SSB Sprint-I had a problem with using the 'F1' key and 'return' to call
'cqs'.  The keys were not responding like normal (responded 100% in WAE), I
had to keep hitting them (either F1 or 'return') to get an automatic cq
started.  I was using SO2R and maybe this had something to do with it, no
sure.  Anyone else?

Mike W9RE