Re: [Trlog] TR 6.74 Aug 31

To: Mike Wetzel <mjwetzel@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR 6.74 Aug 31
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:54:31 -0500
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:20:01AM -0500, Mike Wetzel wrote:

> I didn't do SO2R very much but the 30 or so times I did, on some of those
> occasions again I ended up with "2" calls in the 'alt-d' window (when not
> working the first call entered).  I believe 1 'esc' (after hitting 'alt-d')
> will remove the first call but I was not accustomed to doing that (maybe I
> need to get accustomed).  Unfortunately I am programmed to hit the 'esc'
> more then once because of past operating where 1 'esc' didn't do the trick
> so I became programmed to hitting it several times (which works also).  I
> guess I am saying that I liked the way 'alt-d' worked maybe a year or more
> ago and just wondering what others think?

Yep - this is something that changed with some of the other ALT-D
changes that were made a while back.  I am pretty sure that
this will be changed back to previous behavior as anyone that
has been doing alot of ALT-D two radio stuff would go nuts
with the current behavior - I know that I do.  Before you always
got an empty alt-d window even if there was an on deck call.

Since I usually do not even look at the alt-d window - I just
enter calls as I tune the bands - it is really bad to have
to hit other keys to clear the window and of course if it
is already clear then.....  I have found that I really dont look
at the screen when I am doing this alt-d stuff - I type and listen
to the beeps for feedback as to the dupe status of the station.

> SSB Sprint-I had a problem with using the 'F1' key and 'return' to call
> 'cqs'.  The keys were not responding like normal (responded 100% in WAE), I
> had to keep hitting them (either F1 or 'return') to get an automatic cq
> started.  I was using SO2R and maybe this had something to do with it, no
> sure.  Anyone else?

mmmm... I dont know - WM5R was here for the phone sprint but
I am not sure he even used the DVK.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net