[Trlog] Packet Spotting problem is not time related

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] Packet Spotting problem is not time related
From: "Bob Wolbert, K6XX" <k6xx@k6xx.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:08:23 -0700
My friend N6DE is correct; something is broken regarding packet spotting in
6.75, and waiting a little (or a LOT) longer doesn't fix it.

Scenario:
1. Tuning band. Select a DX spot from the band map. Radio QSYs and callsign
is entered properly. All fine so far.

2. QSY & find another station. Enter call in call window and hit the space
bar to log it into the band map. All is still OK. Now press the ` key to
spot it. The frequency that comes up for the outgoing spot is the one the
radio was commanded to by the last-grabbed spot, in step 1, above. Not good.

Details: 1000MP is rig 1 on COM1. Kenwood rig (actually a K2) as rig 2 on
COM2. VFO A for both. TR-Log 6.75.

The same thing happens with the MP, and with either rig with the other ON or
OFF. Bandmap entries and packet "grabs" are correct, but when spotting, the
frequency that is sent out is the same as the last packet grab, not the
rig's present frequency. I can wait twenty minutes and the scenario doesn't
change (and we know how "hyper" the default rig polling has become lately),
so it is NOT a timing issue.

73 de Bob, K6XX
k6xx@k6xx.com