Re: [Trlog] TRlog under Linux!

To: Charlie Ocker <N9CO@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TRlog under Linux!
From: "R. Torsten Clay" <tclay@netdoor.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 10:45:43 -0600 (CST)
Someone who knows more about linux devices may be able to get telnet
working. I can of course run telnet in a separate x-window. But what is
needed is a way to connect getty to some sort of "dummy" serial device,
which ties into a getty process. In DOSemu, you can configure what devices
show up as COM1, COM2, etc. Then TR connects to the dummy device, and you
have access to the net.

You can of course connect a cable between two serial ports on the machine,
but there must be a way to do this in software without tying up two
physical ports.

Tor