Re: [Trlog] Getting back on the air

To: David O Hachadorian <k6ll@juno.com>, trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Getting back on the air
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:20:11 -0500
At 09:08 AM 1/27/04 -0700, David O Hachadorian wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:38:11 -0700 "Markhasin, Vitaly"
<Vitaly.Markhasin@UE-1.com> writes:

> In DOS or Win95 use SBDVP.

Only with a SoundBlaster-compatible ISA sound card, right?

That seems to be the case, though I have had people tell me they managed to make a PCI version work. I have never had any luck with that, though, using a SoundBlaster16 PCI. The problem may be that the later cards use what is called a legacy device emulation, and I'm not confident that SBDVP sees it properly. It initializes apparently fine but won't record or playback.

73, Pete N4ZR Check out the World HF Contest Station Database Updated 9 Jan 04 www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm