Re: [Trlog] More Rescoring Cabrillo files?

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] More Rescoring Cabrillo files?
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:20:07 -0400
Alan wrote:

When the TR data is imported into Writelog and then
exported, <m:1> is almost always reported as ? and
is.

Anyway, if the idea was to combine the logs into a single log so you can rescore it and/or create a new Cabrillo file, haven't you reached the point of success?

As for Paul's original question, I think the easiest answer was Jim's - import the combined log into a spreadsheet. For a contest like IARU where the points per QSO varies, you can create a formula to calculate the points per QSO, but I prefer to just do it by hand - it's quicker. For example, if you sort the entire log on the exchange, the QSOs will be gathered into bunches with the same point score, so you can just enter the number for the first one into a new points column and "wipe" it down the column to the end of the bunch. When this is done for all of the bunches, re-sort the log by band first and exchange second and you can quickly spot all the multipliers (first entry of each mult within each band gets 1 mult point, all others are zero). Once the mults are recorded, a quick calculation gives you the final score.

73,
Rich VE3IAY