Re: [Trlog] New TR684.ZIP

To: <w0yk@msn.com>, "'Tree'" <tree@kkn.net>, <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] New TR684.ZIP
From: "VE5ZX" <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 09:47:35 -0600
> Syl, what exactly is your setup that uses serial ports for band
> information?
> The only configuration that I'm aware of is using the Elecraft KRC-2 band
> decoder with Kenwood radios where the KRC-2 "listens" on the serial
> connection between the PC and radio to pick up frequency data

I have a pair of DBS-2 band decoders from Arrat Solutions that were suppose
to work directly from my Icoms but they don't.
http://www.arraysolutions.com/images/DBSTabletop%20Manual.pdf

The result is that I have to get the band information from a serial port.
Currently I get the band information from TR log on serial ports to send to
the decoders because the Icoms don't have a serial output.

Syl

Sylvan Katz - VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK