[TenTec] OMNI VI crystal oven stability

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI crystal oven stability
From: chuck@topsail.org (Chuck Murcko)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 11:22:25 -0400
Some of us in amateur radio *are* engineers, Chester. It takes a bit more
engineering ability to do the job without needing a $125,000 primary frequency
standard, or a run to a calibration shop before each measurement, and it's more
fun/challenge that way. 8^)  Of course, part of engineering is knowing when the
equipment at hand isn't up to the task, as you say.

Besides, that's why I thought it was called *amateur* radio.

I think Clark has checked the specs, and both he and Ten Tec seem to think
there is a problem.  He's now addressing the challenge of collecting good data
with the equipment he has at hand. IMHO, it seems he's doing all the Right
Things, from an engineering standpoint, including checking with peers and
experts when he's in unfamiliar territory.

Just my $0.02.

73 de KE3KR

--
chuck