[TenTec] VI+ arrived !!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] VI+ arrived !!
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner WA3JPG)
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 07:04:29 -0800
> i just received my VI+ friday afternoon,on air reports on 75meters
> showed about 30-35hz drift  even after more than 30 minutes operating!!!

Hmmm....mine is in for service on that very problem.  I suspect my
crystal oven (main oscillator) is running away and hope that they
replace it with a good one.  The BFO crystals may also be bad.  I
had another OMNI VI about a year ago and the thing was rock stable
after about 2 minutes warmup.  That is what I expect.

> audio versus my 706 also gave the edge to the Omni!! Vox remains a
> mystery,i'm using TT's 701 hand mike,but vox won't work without the key
> depressed!!! any ideas??     73, tom sweeney ke3rx

Don't understand.  With the Ten Tec 705 mike you do have to put the
key down and set VOX to use it.

Clark
WA3JPG