[TenTec] VI+ arrived !!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] VI+ arrived !!
From: crobson@erie.net (Chris Robson)
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 06:44:36 -0500
At 09:28 PM 12/7/97 -0600, Tom wrote:
>The main crystal oven circuit stays connected when the power is turned
>off. I believe the manual states this and that you will expect drift
>during at least the first 15 minutes of a power up from external sources

I have to agree with Tom, I leave my P.S on all the time(Astron 35A)and
been doing so since I received my Omni VI a year and a half ago.  I don't
seem to have the drifting problems I have been hearing, however I use my
Omni to communicate, not compare stability with WWV(sorry, woke up on the
wrong side of the bed this morning).
On another note the Option 3 upgrade got its first real test during the 160
Meter contest, only one word...WOW!

73, Chris KB3A