[TenTec] VI+ arrived !! -Reply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] VI+ arrived !! -Reply
From: PEPLASTERS@mail.rkd.snds.com (Paul Plasters)
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 09:32:40 -0600
With respect to the question of VOX, and the PTT button, Every
microphone I have ever owned, some place on them was a switch to
lock on for the VOX to work.  Common practice seems to be to wire the
mic. so that you disconnect the element also when you let off the PTT
button.  You could rewire the microphone, or purchase a mic. made for
the purpose.
My OMNI  VI with the "PLUS" mod. works very well for me.
With respect to the repair thread that has been going around, when I
sent it back for the mod., TT told me it would be gone for 2 to 3 weeks.  It
was only gone for 6 days.  I thought that was better than excellent.
73, Paul WA9FFL
    o~
  _[-/)_
Ride to live-Live to ride