[TenTec] Amateur Radio in a Saturn

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Amateur Radio in a Saturn
From: ERSchley@worldnet.att.net (Emory R. Schley)
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 02:26:42 +0100
On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Dale L. Martin wrote:

> > I just bought a Saturn SC2 (124hp engine, 2-door coupe).  I am
> > now scoping out how to put amateur radio equipment in the
> > car...Is anyone running Ten-Tec gear in a Saturn, SC2 or
> > otherwise?

Dale;
   I wish you luck on your Saturn, but I now use FORD products exclusively,
ever since I found
out that ALL FORD MODELS are designed to accommodate rigs running 100 watts RF
output. I've got
70,000 miles on my Ranger now and never a bit of trouble, RF-wise, or
otherwise, as well.
   If the Saturn doesn't work out...

         73, Emory

DISCLAIMER: No, I don't now nor ever have worked in the auto industry, sales,
manufacturing,
support, insurance, or whatever. Don't own any Ford stock either. Hmmmm...
might have to look
into that, though. Might not be a bad idea!

|                         Emory R. Schley - N4LP                               |
|                   EL88WX - 10-10 # 49984 - QRP-L #425                        |
|              ARCI #5962 - M-QRP-Club #405 - scQRPions #34                    |
|       ERSchley@worldnet.att.net   OR   ERSchley@cyberdude.com