[TenTec] CQ Magazine review of Omni-VI+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CQ Magazine review of Omni-VI+
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 08:34:41 -0600
At 07:15 AM 3/8/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I know that the thread here relates to a permanent, look-up-type
>table of owner reports regarding particular equipment, but I like
>this venue, the list group/reflector, the best.
>
>Someone like K0WA/Lee Buller can sign on to the reflector with an
>interest in and ask the general group about the OMNI VI+ and
>receive (hopefully) a multitude of answers...maybe some of them
>agreed!

A comment from Dale's Post....

The above statement is very true and I have received a multitude of answers
and opinions.  I have to date received over 30 replies, with only one
negative answer.  That negative answer dealt with the keying of the rig on
CW...something that I thought TT had knocked in the head years ago.  But,
never the less, the response was pretty heavy in favor of the Omni VI+.

I would have expected nothing less that enthusiasm for the rig from the
owners on their own reflector.  These lists are pretty good for finding
information, but like anything, never take anyone's word for it.  Research
the issue yourself and draw your own conclusions.  This is applicable to
just about everything in life...amatuer radio, politics, religion, and
relationships.  Research the issued and draw you own conclusions.

I must agree, the these email lists are great for finding out information,
but you all must understand that even the TT email list is tainted to the
positive or you guys and gals would not be here.  So, a researcher has to
take into account the bias of the information received.  There is no
replacement for logical thought, the study of empirical data, and research.
Then, you can go on your "gut" feeling...because your mind always controls
your gut.  HHHARRRR!

By the way...thanks to all of you who sent me a discussion on the rig.
There were some very thoughtfull and detailed observations including some
comparisons to other rigs on the market today.  The discussion was stimulating.

Lee Buller
k0wa@southwind.net