[TenTec] Paragon Kam interface -Reply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon Kam interface -Reply
From: rsellers@mail.rkd.snds.com (Roger Sellers)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:49:23 -0600
  About a year or so ago I was looking for input on how to properly connect my
Paragon I to my Kam Plus. Without going into the  details, lets just say
I'm not using it yet to any extent.
 Let me understand this, it's "only" 3 simple connections from the Paragon to
the
Kam Plus connector? Nothing else?????

     Paragon        KamPlus (per Metcalf WebPage)
      RCA    to     PIN #
  Audio OUT        Pin 1 (Transmit Signal)
  Audio IN         Pin 6 (Receive Signal)
  PTT              Pin 3 (PTT)

On the Kam the following pins are not used?
Pin 2 (Ground)
Pin 4 (Key Out)
Pin 5 (FSK Out)
Pin 8 (External Carrier Detect)

If someone using a Paragon I with a KamPlus would confirm this I would be very
appreciative. If anything is in error, please correct me.

Thanks in Advance,
Roger Sellers  N5EEA
email: rsellers@snds.com
       rsellers@rockford.com