[TenTec] QRO, QRP and Courtesy

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QRO, QRP and Courtesy
From: wb2vuo@juno.com (William K Hibbert)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 21:58:56 EDT
Hi Mike.  Keith here in the Depths of the Great Bergen Swamp in WNY...

If I were asked to QRO, I wouldn't be able to comply.  The 5 watt level I
run is the only level I have.  I could QRP further, either with an
attenuator, or by switching rigs to one of my QRPp rigs, but the Argo is
only 5 watts and is the primary HF rig in the shack (and the only
commercial one...)

But, not to worry!  I don't identify as a QRP station, except when I am
on the air with the club call (NQ2RP, I am the Trustee), and guess what?
I don't lack for QSO's and getting more than one answer for a CQ is not
all that uncommon either.  In addition to that, I have been known to step
in and fill in as Service Control for ECARS, and handle traffic on 75
Meters (Yes, QRP SSB...)

The site helps.  Living in the Swamp, my 40 & 80 meter antennae play very
well, so well that I duplicated them for Lou, KA2DQA who is a mile deeper
into the Great Bergen Swamp than I am, and he gets the same results
utilizing "the minimum power necessary to maintain communications..."
which Part 97 requires.

And, with that, let us return to our regular programming here on the Ten
Tec list...

72/73, Keith, WB2VUO, 100% QRP from the Great Bergen Swamp of WNY
"My night light runs more power than my Rig!!!"
TenTec Argo 556/SW-160/Ugly Weekender/SMiTe/TenTec 1320 (Under
Construction)
And All-Wire Antennae

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]