[TenTec] from a Scout to ???

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] from a Scout to ???
From: carl.s.hyde@lmco.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 08:47:40 -0500
I agree with Caitlin and also offer up the Omni D Model C.  That radio was
my first TT and I will never sell it.  Delta II is highly recomended,
Especially if you anticipate using a computer with it, its the only TT rig
you'll find under $1K that will allow computer control.

Caitlyn M. Martin wrote:

> Hi, Bill,
>
> I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Delta II.  That's the rig that really
> got me into TenTec, and I only sold it because I wanted something
> smaller at the time.  Big mistake!  It's general coverage, full
> featured, has a nice receiver, and that wonderful combination of the
> Jones filter (which you know from the Scout) and passband tuning makes
> it possible to sort out the signal you want from the QRM better than
> anything else I've found.  I don't doubt that one of the other rigs
> mentioned may have a more sensitive receiver, but if you can't hear the
> signal for adjacent QRM, what's the point?  The Delta II picks out the
> weak one between the strong ones beautifully.
>
> It was never a popular radio, and I've never understood why.  Mine was
> superb, and I'd get another in a heartbeat if I weren't facing some
> major expenses right now.
>
> Good luck and 73,
> Caity
> KU4QD
>
> --

Carl Hyde
carl.s.hyde@lmco.com
Desk:  (609) 866-6386
Fax:   (609) 866-6414

POLITICS:  From the Latin prefix "Poli" meaning "Many" and the word "Tics"
           meaning "blood sucking parasites"