[TenTec] SKN

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] SKN
From: ac5aa@juno.com (Duane A. Calvin)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 13:43:37 -0600
Last night was my first SKN in at least 20 years, and probably the first
time I've spent more than a couple minutes using a hand key in that time.
 Boy, was my fist bad!  Reminds me of the last time I tried to use a bug
after years of keyer use!  Awful!  Anyway, I was on 40m, around 7,050,
and had six QSO's before my arm decided it had had enough - 20 to 30
minutes per QSO.  The best fist absolutely goes to K2UXE - unbelieveable,
but then he uses a straight key a lot on the boatanchors frequencies.
And, just for the fun of it, I ran the Drake twins - R-4 and T-4X.  They
still do a remarkable job!  Thanks to all the guys and gals on SKN for
the fun, and for the nice chatty QSO's.
 . . . we now return control of the bandwidth to the TenTec subject . . .

        73,  Duane   AC5AA

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999 13:12:56 -0500 "K & H Darwin" <darwin@together.net>
writes:

>Well, I made one contact on SKN.  I figured it would be fun so I got
>on 40
>and called CQ.  After no replies I tuned around for a while and found
>someone else calling CQ.  I answered and we chatted for 20 minutes.
>
>My arm / wrist / hand were pretty tired when we were done and my fist
>had
>gotten pretty bad.  I guess I'm just out of shape.  Needless to say,
>I'm
>gonna stick to the bencher paddles from now on and only look at
>straight
>keys!!
>
>Hope y'all had more fun / less fatigue than I did!!  One contact per
>year
>is enough for this dude!!
>
>73 all!!
>
>Keith Darwin